How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3655
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I an French and was told by a German native living in England

Resolved Question:

I an French and was told by a German native living in England that it is possible to get a British Passport without losing your original nationality. I have lived in England for 30 years and am married to an English man. I have 2 25 year old sons. Is this true?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

It is not a requirement of taking English Citizenship that you need to give up your existing citizenship or nationality. You can have dual nationalities. - The best place to start your enquiries and check your eligibility is here. With 30 years residence in this country I suspect that you will probably satisfy the criteria.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you