LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I haveregularly rented a swimming pool for over 20 years. This

I haveregularly rented a swimming pool for over 20 years. This pool is now being let to someone else on the times and day i have used.
do i have any rights or entitlements?
Carol
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you give me some more details please? What is the purpose of your renting the pool, who does the pool belong to, why have the owners taken a new user over you?

Customer:

I own a swim school and purchased the school last year. We have rented the pool for over 20 years. No good reason other than perhaps a Friends and Favours type thing. We have done nothing wrong and upset no-one. We had also invested much time and money promoting this venue

Customer:

The pool belongs to a private school. They let out the pool and other sport facilities to clubs and schools to generate cash. Pool space in our area is at a premium and swim schools are actually valued on the amount of pool space/time they have aquired. My business is now devalued.

LondonlawyerJ :

The school is free to hire out heir pool as they wish subject to any contractual obligations. So unless you have an agreement with them that the pool will be rented by you or offered fist to you etc. then there is probably nothing you can do I am afraid. I can see that your business is devalued by this but I don't think, in the absence of a breach of contract or misrepresentation made by the school that you can claim against them.

Customer:

Ok thought so but thanks anyway