75100385

Hello, I have a couple (dog illegally guarding room) placed

Customer Question

Hello, I have a couple (dog illegally guarding room) placed by the Council. We are a guest house. The couple are accommodated under section 188 no protection from eviction. They won' leave and are flooding the building and other terrible things but we have no proof. Police can't help. I want to bring in the licensed bailiffs who said that they will put a note on door and under room door and say a time within 24 hours when they will come back and change the locks. Do you think that I can be prosecuted for this? I will appreciate your advice, thanks.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Its possible

Alex Watts :

Why dont you just apply for a Court Order to have them removed please?

Alex Watts :

There is no Section 188 of the Protection from Eviction Act?