13262538

Will states that estate is allocated by tenths of the total.

Will states that estate is allocated by tenths of the total. Person entitled to two tenths has died. Will states that this sum should go back in the melting pot. Should the estate be divided into eight, instead of ten? Or should the tenths be allocated and the remaining two tenths divided by eight? What is the calculation?
Does anyone else get more than one tenth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have four tenths, another friend has three tenths, the person who died had two tenths. The remaining tenth is divided into four, one part each to two friends, one part to Cancer Research UK and one part to St Mary's Hospice

Actually whichever way you do it the figures come out the same - so work with whichever calculation you find easier
If you feel more confident then work with the tenths to start with and then divide the remaining 1/5th into eight and again distribute in accordance with the Will - so 4 to you 3 to your friend and one between four
If you need further details please ask