12826847

I believe I am subject of a scam involving a russin dating

I believe I am subject of a scam involving a russin dating scam, I have already forwarded money (no fool like an old fool) and wish to report it to the proper authorities . They are unaware at this stage that I know, how do I proceed ?

Are they UK based?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The adress I have been corresponding to is I believe in Russia, I had joined a russsian dating site but received an e mail directly to my inbox, the person (Nina Shimko apparently ) requested monet towards air tickets $450 dollars which I forwarded thursday .... now requesting more and I became suspicious

Yes, that clearly will be a scam.

You can always make a report to the UK police but they are not likey to investigate activity in Russia I'm afraid.

You can make a report to the Russian authorities but you would have to go over there and I don't know whether there are laws to prohibit this in Russia. There are other problems there its fair to say.

Even if this address is in Pensylvannia the police will not investigate there.

Of course, anybody can use a mask to hide their IP address so its anybody's guess where they are based.

If you paid by visa then you might be able to reverse the transaction.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunatly I paid by Money Gram .... who could I contact in Russia to at least alert them to this scammer

There are websites to which you can complain.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

http://www.scammers.ru/report_about_scammer.htm

Alternatively its just the Russian police.