as a trustee of my church I have today been made bankcrupt

Customer Question

as a trustee of my church I have today been made bankcrupt by a creditor the church owes rent to. I am a professional and run a small business and cannot afford for this bankcruptcy to stay so I have to try to apply to a judge to stop it from being advertised. I have to go and look for the money to pay. my whole livelihood is at stake please advise. I am a pharmacist. what can I do if the money is paid before wednesday. 

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : If you can discharge the debt and costs then you can apply to annul the bankrutcy.
Alex Watts : You can ask the court for an urgent hearing.
Alex Watts : If the bankruptcy is annulled then it will be set aside and you won't be made bankrupt.
Alex Watts : But if you are bankrupt you can't stop it being advertised.
Alex Watts : can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

I dont understand. This only happened in court this afternoon. What should be my next move. By monday I can borrow the money from family to pay the creditor and the receiver. Then are you saying for example on the same monday I can ask the court for an urgent hearing? what can I say to the judge to make him annul it.

Alex Watts : If you pay it and the costs it can be annulled.
Alex Watts : So if it is paid in full plus costs it can be set aside.
Alex Watts : Does that help?

thank you. this is the worst day of my life

Someone just told me I have to pay off all my creditors such as my mortgage, my business creditors everyone I owe money. is this true?

Alex Watts : No. If you discharge the bankruptcy petition debt then you can get it annulled.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
Customer: Yes thank you. I'm grateful I will start working on it tomorrow
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Please can you help with this questions?

Can I appeal this bankruptcy order and get my case heard at a higher court? I am being made bankrupt for what I knew nothing about.

I was a Trustee for a charity and was not aware that one of the members was taking out a long lease using the name of the charity without our permission to do so. The member defaulted in the lease and this has resulted in a huge payment request by the owner of the lease for about £100,000.

Can I appeal this to a higher court and can be bankruptcy be stopped pending appeal?

Will really apprecite your response on this. Thanks very much for your help.

No, the right course is to annul rather than appeal.