75100385

Lowell claim

Customer Question

I have had a claim form from Lowell portfolio ltd and address to send documents to B***** ***** at Weybridge. They say the claim was for £1674.89 now claiming £2352.54 and there's a court address of 1564 team 1, Northampton. I think it's for Barclays which I'm sure was being paid on direct debit a couple of years ago. Is this right and what do I do?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Does the claim form state what the debt was for please?

JACUSTOMER-oaeebzwm- : Yes Barclaycard.
Alex Watts :

Ok - but you dispute the full or partial amount?

JACUSTOMER-oaeebzwm- : I dispute some of it but my question are they a legit company saying its a court case?
Alex Watts : Do they say it has been assigned please?
JACUSTOMER-oaeebzwm- : I've got a Claim Form and it's in the County Court Business Centre
Alex Watts : Lowells do buy debts.
Alex Watts : You can partially admit the claim if you accept you owe some of it.
Alex Watts : You can then write to Lowell and ask for a copy of the agreement and notice of assignment.
Alex Watts : They should provide you with this.
Alex Watts : But Lowells do buy debts.
Alex Watts : But you should only admit what you actually owe.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?