Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My Partner and I live together in my house. I invited her to

Customer Question

My Partner and I live together in my house. I invited her to join me some seven years ago.
Thus enabling her to rent her 5 bedroomed house from which she is paid a monthly rent of of 2K +. This amount she has generally been saving in a local bank account. along with her state pension and a small pension from her deceased husband's Pension. I know not her financial assets.
However I receive a good pension which supports us well. Holidays, meals out, Clothing and other little treats. She has her own sports car. as I have my Estate car. I now, because of incompatible issues, desire to break our partnership.
What issues face us, if any.

We both no longer wish to reside here. Therefore to sell the bungalow and go our separate ways seems to be best. May I ask what issues arise should this be the case

Yours sincerely *****
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Could you please confirm that the property in which you both reside is in your name alone?

Has your partner contributed to anything in the property which has increased its value (eg paid for a conservatory/new kitchen)?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good evening Al,

The property is in my sole name.

My Partner has not Contributed anything to increase its' Value.

Dave Yeates

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Well, legally, if no contribution has been made, your partner is not entitled to anything from your house. It would therefore be normal for her to walk away with nothing.

I trust this answers your question and assists you.

Kind Regards
AL