UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello again, Following my initial query, I have had to endure

Hello again, Following my initial query, I have had to endure a week of viewings by the agency who have disrupted my work with innumerable calls and disrupted my private space making viewings that were not arranged with me. I have advised them I will not consent to any further viewings as the person who hired them has no right to enter and they are not respecting my tenancy. They indicate to take it up with the landlord and refuse to listen or adapt their behaviour. I asked the police what can I do and they tell me nothing because it is a civil matter. What can I actually do to make this stop?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Sorry to hear about this.

This action is a breach of your right to peaceful possession of your property and you may go back to the police and complain of harassment which is not a civil matter. Tell them these people have no right to harass you as you have no agreement with them and that your tenancy agreement is with someone else.

You may also change and locks and not answer their calls, you may also get a local solicitor to write them a letter to stop harassing you.

Hope this helps