12826847

my son has a court summons to attend a court on driving offences

my son has a court summons to attend a court on driving offences but the court has the wrong dob down could this make a difference

In truth it does not.

The Court might amend it to the correct date of birth if that is a raised issue.

However, even if the date of birth is entirely wrong and wildly inaccurate it would make no difference to the fact of the prosecution and its ability to be brought I'm afraid.

In terms of the summons, there is case law upon what makes these things defective and it literally has to be such that you could not understand it was for him and clearly it is for him.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.