How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70516
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi my neighbour is bully and discrimination to us and he shout

Customer Question

Hi my neighbour is bully and discrimination to us and he shout at us with bad language what I do with it.coz we r deaf. The neigbour spread rumour around of street talked about us. I m really very upset.shall I get solicitor about it. If every time they shout at us shall I phone police but the police is can't do anything to stop them . Debbie
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

You can get a solicitor to write to them and that would be fairly cheap.

You can always make a report to the police. The fact that he is spreading rumours about you is not an offence. Shouting at you may be a public order or a harassment possibly.

Failing that, you could offer mediation although there is a cost in that and it may not succeed.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We r deafs I forget wrote down
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I saw that above.

That would not change the answer.
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But I m not happy about this service should be free when on first trail
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

All the best.