75100385

My former land is pestering me for an extra 500 pounds on top

Customer Question

My former land is pestering me for an extra 500 pounds on top of the 400 Damage Deposit.
The flat needed to be refurbished long ago but I wont claim that I didn't cause any wear and tear in my four year stay. Where do I stand with this, I can't really afford to pay him.
Jonathan Gourley

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you mean you accept you cause the damage or it is fair wear and tear please?
JACUSTOMER-wj58sh1l- :

The kitchen and bathroom needed replacing before I moved in four years ago so its not surprising they need replacing. The carpets did get abused by my wear and the plumber dropped a ladder on a sink. cracking it.

JACUSTOMER-wj58sh1l- :

Sorry I wasn't finished that.

Alex Watts : Ok.
JACUSTOMER-wj58sh1l- :

I keep on hitting return and it sends it. What I want to point out is the amount of plumbing work and living long periods without hot water and heat, which mostly I fixed. The reason Im pointing this out is to show I'm not totally irresponsible tenant.

Alex Watts : I agree, so you are saying you are not responsible for any damage and it is all wear and tear?
JACUSTOMER-wj58sh1l- :

yes but obviously its relative but is that not what the damage deposit was for when i signed the rentle agreement. I will explain further tomorrow. Thank you for your help

Alex Watts : Ok.