13262538

My mother and father made mirror wills leaving their assets

My mother and father made mirror wills leaving their assets to each other and then to my sister and I. My father died ten years ago. If I die before my mother will my sister inherit all of our mother's estate or will the beneficiaries of my will - my wife if still alive otherwise my children - inherit what would have been my share of my mother's estate?
Have you ever seen either Will?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My parents' wills were made many years ago. I don't recall seeing them although my mother has said that they simply left their estate to each other and then to my sister and I. In my own will there is a paragraph specifically stating that any issue of a deceased child of mine would inherit in place of that child. My mother says there is no such statement in her will. I hope that helps.

Steve

Unless there is wording that specifically says that the survivor of you and your sister gets it all there is Statutory provision for your children to inherit your share in the event that anything happens to you
This only applies in respect of direct descendants of the Testator
For certainty however you should ask to see the Will