13262538

What can our daughter do to stop her separated from husband

Customer Question

What can our daughter do to stop her separated from husband and mother in laws obsessive
Behaviour Buying presents before our granddaughters Birthday wich our daughter has already told them has been bought for her from friends
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What exactly is it that she wishes to stop?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My daughter is on her own in the marital home Her ex husband and his mother are buying my granddaughter the presents on her wish list before her birthday I know it sounds bizarre but a lot of problems have arisen from that
I am afraid that there is nothing at all that can be done to stop this - I appreciate that it is spoiling the child but sadly other than discussing with her ex using family mediation how bad it is for the child there is nothing else that can be done
She could of course insist that those toys are kept for contact visits - but that is all
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My daughters Husband whom she is in early divorce procedure with has told her he wants 50/50 pro cent custody for their 4year old daughter .He is the owner of a large IT Company . He would leave child with his mother who has Husband wheelchair bound and other child to look after there will be no dicipline and treats given all the time
My daughter do not agree with such upbringing and wonder what the court would say to this. My daughter does do garden work for clients and can fit that in with child's schooling Looking forward to hear your answer. Kindest Regards Lisa Farrant
has your daughter always had the day to day care of the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No not since they separated about 8 Month ago. She still lives in the Marital home. Just recently has her Husband upped his visiting rights
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry got that wrong. Yes she has
In what way has he "upped his visiting rights"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He now has her every weekend from Saturday to Monday when my daughter picks her up from Nursery. Also Wednesday over night
What weekends does your daughter get with her child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Only on special times. When she visits us and as we have just been at my daughters home for my granddaughters Birthday. He has told my daughter he will not pay maintenance
May I ask why your daughter has agreed to this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No but he bullies her She lost her Driving license a year ago drink driving after massive row. He is probably trying to get out of having to pay maintenance
Yes that is exactly what he is doing.
Look to see if there is a local Freedom programme that your daughter can attend
http://www.freedomprogramme.co.uk/
Your daughter is entitled to have weekends with her child as well
Her ex has no right to simply "up his visiting rights" - how the child's time is shared between them is for discussion not dictation
If teh child cannot be with her father most if the time - then she should be with her mother
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for yor help it has been most usefull. Kind Regards Lisa Farrant
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well