75100385

I am in dispute with builder who always writes "Without predjudic

I am in dispute with builder who always writes "Without predjudice" at the start of the letter!
I under stood even Lawyer to Lawyers - this has no meaning should the matter come to Court as it can still be used and overidden in Court ?

Please inform the exact position -in relaation to written correspondence between the two parties

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Documents titled this are only for offers

Alex Watts :

The court can say a document is not without prejudice ie can be used in Court proceedings

Alex Watts :

But a Court can equally rule that a document not titled without prejudice is indeed a document which can not be used in proceedings

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

thanks