13262538

I am trying to buy a freehold property in a retirement development.

I am trying to buy a freehold property in a retirement development. I am having a few problems-possibly because the house is being offered through an estate agent rather than their in-house sales. I will have to pay an annual service charge for window cleaning and maintainance of thr communal garden. I have been told by the Development Manager that I must not put washing outside to dry. Do they have the right to enforce this?
Have you seen documentation confirming these requirements and restrictions
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare.

No, this is something that came up in conversation with the Development Manager.

Have you received all the paperwork?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, that is the hold-up. My solicitor, my buyer's solicitor and the vendor's solicitor say they're all ready to exchange, but waiting for this management company to respond, and it just isn't happening.The question arose re. laundry when I asked where were the drying spaces.

The Vendors solicitor should have a full set of the Management rules - have they not provided them?
Ask your solicitor to check in the paperwork he or she does have what provision is made with regard to enforcement of those rules
The basic answer to your question is yes, it is likely that the rules are enforceable - but the paperwork that your solicitor already has should make that clear - even without a recitation of the actual rules
Please ask if you need further details