12826847

Hi My daughter was issued a parking ticket in Henley on the

Customer Question

Hi My daughter was issued a parking ticket in Henley on the 10th of March 2014, She was parked at 90 degress to the road on a large tarmaced area in front of houses. the distance between the rear of her car and the road was 10 feet, thus plenty of space between her car and the curb. This is a spot use for some time by students at the local college. Her ticket states code 06 which is for not displaying a ticket although in a area which is not pay and display. But at the bottom of the ticket it says no waiting, and this what is quoted in the paper work from the magistrates court. This is dispite she was not parked on the road or on any yellow line. As I understand any no waiting sign refers to the parking on the road and yellow line markings. We are pleading not guilty as we feel we have not contravened any such restrictions. What is your advice please and thank you.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Basically are we doing the right thing in pleading not guilty?. My daughter was not parked on the road or on a yellow line. Or in an area for which a paty and display ticket was required as to the 06 code on the ticket which if indeed was no waiting as the paper work should have been a 01 code.

Who is the issuer please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hI

By the police ticket it was the police a PCSO C M Hewitt the charges read

1 alllow a vehicale to wait on a road when waiting was prohibited. This car was not on the road.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi just looked uo the Highway code, which is what I should have done in the first place and saved my self some money. in the copy I have read no waiting signs apply to the road pavement and verge, so basically she is guilty of the offence. so answered my own questions. so will have to plead guilty. even though the Muppet policeman spelt the road name wrong on the ticket .

I presume this is in a public place on an area of tarmacing?

A pavement effectively?