LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Hi. Gave my recorded interview almost three weeks ago. I contacted

Customer Question

Hi. Gave my recorded interview almost three weeks ago. I contacted the police about their investigations yesterday, and was told that they are not arresting me yet but want me in again to see the video. As I have already stated to Jo, it was an act of frustration, not theft. Do I have to go again to answer their stupid allegations? What if I refuse? Surely, if they thought that they had a case, they would just arrest me? This is beginning to feel like harassment to me, and I would like some advice as to my next step?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Am I right in thinking you have been interviewed under caution by the police about an allegation of theft. Is this CCTV footage of a shop you are referring to? Can you tell me a little more please?

JACUSTOMER-3z4wqsmv- :

Yes. As I discussed with Jo a few weeks back. The allegation from early June this year is: that I attempted to steal a keyboard. After being told that I was next to be seen, I waited over ten minutes for a shop assistant. He then served over customers. Out of frustration I picked up the keyboard and dumped it three feet away on the floor (along with a plastic bag that I had brought in case I bought an ex demo model). They haven't arrested me yet, and I have given an interview under caution. They want me back in again to view cctv. This feels like harassment to me, as I have committed no crime. The act was stupid.. yes. But out of frustration.

JACUSTOMER-3z4wqsmv- :

Hello?