75100385

I have Guillain-Barre Syndrome,i am paralyzed from the neck

I have Guillain-Barre' Syndrome,i am paralyzed from the neck down. I can use one finger on my left hand. I have to have two carers Four Times a Day and my partner is my registered carer.I have been like this for Five and a Half Years. This seemed to occur after i had the Flu Jab,the Government have admitted this can happen. In the USA there have been some very successful compensation claims. Would i be entitled to compensation in this Country ?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes i am willing to wait for a reply. Have you any idea how long this might take ?

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Did you have the jab here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes i had the jab here. In 1998,2000 and 2002 i had strokes from which i recovered quite well. I was able to get around with a walking stick and drive. In 2003/2004 i was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes. I was told i must have the Flu Jab annually,at first there were no adverse affects apart from a slight touch of the Flu but after the 2010 jab i started to lose muscle control and found myself suffering from a slight case of incontinence. Things went downhill from here and I ended up being sent to Hospital where i spent a Week in ICU (Intensive Care Unit) and a further 24 Weeks in Hospital. The Flu Jab that year had been made particularly potent that year because it was supposed to tackle more than the Ordinary Flu.

When did you first know when you had dificulty and it was linked to the jab please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I started to feel a little unwell a few days later and developed a really bad case of Diarrhea. When i phoned the Doctors Surgery they said there's a bug going around and I should drink plenty of Water and it will pass. It finally passed a few days before Christmas and i thought i was over it but i was wrong. On the 26/12/2008 it came back with a vengeance and i started to feel slight paralysis in my legs. Fortunately my son was home on leave from the Army and carried me to my bed. The next day (Friday 27/12/2008) i phoned an Ambulance,when they came they diagnosed it as "Man Flu" and it wasn't worth them taking me to Hospital. The next day i was getting progressively worse so i called out the emergency Doctor. This was Saturday 28/12/2008 he didn't arrive until the Sunday 29/12/2008 and he said he thought it was "Man Flu" as well and not worth going to Hospital even though I had completely lost the use of my legs by now. Thankfully on the Monday 30/12/2008 my Doctors Surgery was open and my Doctor could pay me a home visit. On arrival at my home she diagnosed Guillain-Barre straight away and got me straight into Hospital.

Its bad news I am afraid to say. Under the Limitation Act 1980 you have 3 years to bring a claim from when you first had knowledge. As this was in 2008 you had until 2011 to bring a claim
As it is now 2014 you are sadly out of time. Any claim you bring would be statue barred which is an absolute defence. Therefore sadly you are simply out of time to bring any claim.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience