13262538

my father owns outright the family home.He until recently lived

my father owns outright the family home.He until recently lived with his step-daughter by way of his second marriage (this lady is now deceased) step daughter has lived in house for last 8yrs,rent and bill free,on the basis of looking after him,he is 91yrs old.
Dad had recent stroke and has ended up in care home,with onset of dementia,he requires 24/7 care.Step daughter has recently been referred to adult safeguarding,due to alledged misuse of dads money,and trying to manipulate him in the care home,to hand over bank cards and change the power of attourney to her.the power if attourney,rests with me (son)and is currently at court of protection being registered.We have to sell property to fund dads care,but she is refusing to allow it to be valued,and wont move out of the house claiming squatters rights.I have a key to the premisies and i know when shes out,can i go in change locks and refuse her back in the property.
Has she been given written notice to leave?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no.

That is your starting point.
She should be given at least 28 days written notice (56 would be better)
At the end of that period THEN you can change the locks and pack up her belongings ready for collection.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so i cannot go in when shes not there and change locks etc,i have to give notice?

You have to give her written notice to leave.
After that period has passed - then you can go in and change the locks whilst she is out