Hello,My name is***** have been working in this

Customer Question

Hello, My name is***** have been working in this hotel for 5 years and today I called sick. The General Manager called me, and said if i haven't got a medical certificate is unathorised and I should go to work. I explained i don't need a ceertificate before 4 days of absence. Also 2 items were missing from reception, and he asked me if I got them. Also he accused me of theft, they saw on camera I put a shirt on my bag. That's was a uniform shirt, not lost property or guest item. he said the Police is going to interview me,etc. Second call from him, said If i need time off I can come back next Monday. Please advise. Also there is more abuse from the past (3years),than I don't know if I can bring it back now. But i would like someone to explain to them what the law says about harassment. the other item missing it was actually in the safe.

Are you asking for advice in relation to the harassment or your employment situation please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I want to know where the law stands regarding this phone call, and the General Manager telling me I need to go to work because the doctor didn't signed me a certificate, and is not authorised.

Also the points that i made earlier regarding previous harrasment.

I can help with the criminal matters but not the employment. I am not an employment lawyer. We do have an employment lawyer and I can pass you onto him but he probably will not be able to help with the criminal matters.

You can post another question in employment and if you are on subscription it shouldnt' cost extra although you need to check that with customer services.