12826847

My husbands speeding ticket states that he was driving south

My husbands speeding ticket states that he was driving south bound on a motorway when he was caught speeding, whereas he was actually going north bound. Is there any chance he can get let off because the information is incorrect?

Does he deny speeding please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No not at all

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did answer you. Have you left me?

There are really two answers here. The theory and the reality.

The theory is that he could indeed refuse the fixed penalty offer and take this to court. Whether or not the direction of his travel makes any difference depends on the type of camera. If its just that the direction of travel is wrong though then that is a non issue. If its a completely incorrect location then he could plead not guilty as indeed he was not speeding at that place on teh day in question.

The reality though is that there is absolutely no point. They will just amend the charge as soon as they realise their error and then he will have to plead guilty and face costs. You can sometimes make good use of an incorrect location but only really where the speed limits are different.

Further, that is only the case if the lcoation is wrong. If its just the direction of travel then Im afraid there is no mileage in that.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.