12826847

Is it legal for someone to stand in a parking spot to save

Is it legal for someone to stand in a parking spot to save it for friends as I had this happen to me at a train station and have now had british transport police after me saying I used the car threateningly I did not hit the person or abuse them I just drove into parking space then she took my picture and car pic and registration and reported me

Obviously a person has no basis in law to stand in a space to save it for others.

However, if the allegation is that you drove at a person doing this then Im afraid that is an offence. The difficulty here is that this is the classic case of two wrongs not making a right. The fact that the pedestrain probably was acting without lawful authority doesn't mean that you are free to commit an offence.

It might be difficult for them to prove that you actually drove at the person though.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's fine thank you as I didn't see her until I had all the bonnet of car In the Gap and she was standing near the rear of parking space

Yes, it is quite unlikely that you drove at her. The very highest point here will be driving without due care and attention and, in fairness, you might not expect a pedestrian to stand in the middle of a parking space.