12826847

I rented my house out and need to return, I gave my tenant

Customer Question

I rented my house out and need to return, I gave my tenant 10 weeks notice and waited for her to advise when I should give notice to my landlord as I was renting.
My tenancy expires this weekend and have booked removals. My tenant did not go to the LA to be rehoused and does not have a property to go to, but has family she can stay with.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My tenant was on a rolling tenancy, month by month, no new agreement had been signed.

I gave her notice that I would be returning verbally and by means of a written notice.

I asked her advice re notice to my landlord and told her when I gave one months notice.

She has not found alternative accommodation. My tenant did not pay a bond or rent in advance, in fact I did not receive rent for a couple of months.

She has a young family but has not approached the Local Authority.

I have to move from my rented accommodation this weekend