UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I moved out of a property over a month ago. On the inventory

I moved out of a property over a month ago. On the inventory check out various items were listed as tenant to pay for. I think some of these items are not correct and unfair. How do I appeal against the inventory clerk report? How can I get my deposit back- I have contacted the agent however they say they need the landlords agreement. It's over a month surely there is a time limit for them to come back to me if they are going to make deductions ?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

There is no formal process for appealing against this, you simply write a letter to the inventory clerk, copied to the landlord and the agents to say that you do not accept the findings of the inventory report and dispute the charges and give the landlord say 14 days to refund your deposit.

If your landlord still refuses to refund your deposit, you may lodge a dispute if the deposit is protected in a deposit protection scheme or you may file a court claim, easiest to do so is online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk for the refund of the money.

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback