Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

how do I stop a scammer who has obtained a picture of

how do I stop a scammer who has obtained a naked picture of me from sending it to my friends accounts?

I have the e mail address of the scammer who wants money from me to stop the e mails

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Alex Hughes :

This is blackmail and/or harassment and/or computer misuse. These are serious criminal offences for which the person could be arrestec and if convicted he/she could be sent to prison.

Alex Hughes :

If you haven't done so already you must report this to the police.

Customer:

the person is a female based in the Philipines, I have her name, e mail address, and a Id name she uses for collecting payments

Customer:

what could the police do here in the UK, I want to know how I can stop the e mails being sent

Alex Hughes :

It will be impossible for the UK police to prosecute someone in the Philippines. But if you contact the Met Police Cyber Crimes Unit they should be able to liaise with the Filipino Police to identify this person and/or stop the malicious e-mails being sent. Here are their details: http://content.met.police.uk/Site/pceu