13262538

I am the sole executor of my late aunts will. I have obtained

Customer Question

I am the sole executor of my late aunt's will. I have obtained grant of probate myself and will be able to administer the will without a solicitor...it is below 325,000.
To accomplish this I have had to return from Thailand where I now live and spend 7 weeks administering the estate. I know that my expenses are covered, can I legally charge a fee a for this role? If so, what might be a reasonable figure?
Are you a solicitor or accountant?
If so does the Will include a clause allowing an Executor to charge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good morning,

Thks. for the email. I am neither a solicitor or accountant and the will does not in clude a clause that I may charge for my time. I have the executor's bank account and all funds received are paid in and debts settled with a careful record of expenditure kept.

Then I an afraid that expenses - including any loss of earnings because you hd to come to the Uk - is all that you can claim.
Executors can only charge of the Will permits them to do so and they have professional qualifications
Please ask if you need further details
Cl;are
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did tick the silly happy face already! Rated as Good. Hope that enables you claim your fee. Leon

It did indeed - many thanks