75100385

a person accrued a debt of £629 in august 2006,last payment

a person accrued a debt of £629 in august 2006,last payment by this person was the 31st of march 2007.a payment of £50 leaving a debt of £579.contact was made with this person on the 4th of July 2009.also contact was made in December 2009,and the person agreed to pay £50 a month starting a month later, although this was never done.in February 2013,a recorded letter was sent and received, the same again in march 2014.i am now in the process of taking this person to the county court but have been told I am statute barred is this the case?.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Last payment was made in march 2007 is that right?
Customer:

yes

Customer:

when am I likely to get my answer, because I keep getting asked to rate this service and yet I've had no answer

Alex Watts :

Under the Limitation Act there are 6 years after which something is statue barred.

Alex Watts :

This is NOT from when the debt was made or default, but when it was last paid or acnkowledged.

Alex Watts :

Therefore if it was paid in March 2007 it would be statute barred in March 2013.

Alex Watts :

If it has NOT been acknowledged as a debt or further payments within the last 6 years it would be statue barred.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

they acknowledged the debt in front of a witness in December 2009.is this still stsatute barred of todays date.

Alex Watts :

In that case the 6 years starts again from December 2009

Alex Watts :

So it will be statute barred in December 2015

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?