12826847

I have never been in trouble with the police ever. My parter

I have never been in trouble with the police ever. My parter and I went to a wedding on Saturday just gone, we both had quite a bit to drink and she seemed worse than me. she thought she saw me kiss a work colleague and went off on one. I did not and everyone who I was sat by no I didn't. she had a go at the woman who she thought it was and was quite horrible (I did not see her have a go at this woman) but others did, we left the venue and went home, she had my phone on her and cracked the screen in temper but was not that bad. we went upstairs and I asked for my phone, she said no. I tried to get my phone off her as she had it in her hands but she wouldn't let go of it at no cost. we were close quarters and were tussling at my phone trying to get it out of her hands, she was still shouting about what had happened and I left it and went to get sum pyjamas from the top of the stairs, I went back in the room and she was crying and told me to sleep downstairs. I said give me my phone and she threw it at me missing me and hitting the wall and swore saying f**king have it. I got my phone and it was completely smashed, I went downstairs to get some water and she came down behind me and went in the lounge. I've gone back upstairs to bed as she came down and she has phoned the police and said I've hit her with my phone and got a lump on her head. Police came and arrested me after talking to us both and left her in my house! Kept me in a cell over night and took all my fingerprints etc in the morning and interviewed me. I am bailed until the end of the month and got to go back then but don't no what to expect or do as I have never been in this situation before. my partner has got a lump on the front of her head but I don't no how unless it happened when we were tussling for my fone.
What is the likely out come and what will happen to me??? Will I end up in prison??? And do I need a solicitor as I've been asked if I want one by police!
Is this the first time the police have been called about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes this is the first time for anything to do with the police!
Yes, but do know if she has done this before to other partners?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes to her previous one, but I'm not sure if it is for hitting???? It may of been for harassment as he used to follow her around and drive outside her house late at night
Yes, the point is that she has a history of making allegations.
I realise that you don't need a lecture right now but, for future reference, when you discovered that she had done this before that would have been a good time to run for the hills. If your girlfriend tells you that she has previously been abused, your answer is to say 'That is very sad. I don't think it will work out between us' and walk at high speed. Maybe they are telling the truth. Maybe they are vexatious accusers and you are being fixed with notice that you are next. Don't wait to find out. Plenty of normal women with no history of making accusations against all and sundry.
You did have a solicitor in interview I presume?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I didn't feel the need to have one
That was a mistake I'm afraid.
Have you answered questions in interview?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes a few, name, what happened, how may drinks I had which I replied 5/6 pints, how many drinks did she have which I replied not sure but she was being bought some and they were being mixed. and on what scale 1-10 of drunk ness. Which I replied me to be 4/5 and her a good 8. And has anything happened before which I said no. They also asked me how old her daughter was which I replied 3 and didn't no the exact date of birth
Do they have your damaged phone?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes they took that off me
Its difficult to say what will happen here.
Come what may, she does have an injury consistent with her account and lumps can really only be caused by an impact of some form. Its not like a red mark that can be caused in a number of ways.
Equally though the damaged phone is very supportive of your account unless, of course, she is going to start saying that she damaged it so you hit her.
i would brace yourself for a charge. She has form for doing this and she does have an injury. The real question anyway is whether he would be convicted not charged. That depends on whether she co-operates. With domestics often these women just fail to attend court having wasted a huge amount of public money.
You need to move on from this relationship. Its too easy for women to get men out of the house for a night by calling the police. Find yourself a girlfriend who doesn't do that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So am I likely to go to prison ??? Or just face a charge and should I get a solicitor
No, you won't go to prison. But you are at risk of a criminal conviction and why should you face that given that you have never had any difficulties before your relationship with her and she does have a history of doing this.
Yes, you should get a solicitor.
If you intend to remain with this young lady then there are two lessons to remember
1 We always have a solicitor at the police station.
2 We never make admissions at the police station save for limited exceptions about which our solicitor informs us.
In my opinion there is one more
3 We run for the hills whenever we find ourselves involved with a person with a history of making allegations of abuse.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok so can I expect to go to court?? Or will they do it and tell me what the outcome is when I go back to the station at the end of the month
They will tell you at the bail back date whether you will be charged, rebailed or NFA.
Its 50-50 really. They may well charge you because she has an injury. They may not becuase your phone is broken which supports your account.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could I gain other evidence myself to support my case against me, as a lot of people in work have said she was way to drunk and was nasty to the other woman she thought I kissed. And way out of order with other people
You can gather other statements but none of that is relevant to the issue which is how she came by her injury.
I suppose statements that say she was aggressive earlier might be mildly useful.
You need to be careful with this though. The fact that she was misbehaving earlier just gives you a motivation to assault her.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thank you
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok will do thank yo again
Please remember to rate my answer.