12826847

I am a vulnerable housing ass. tenant , and have unresolved

I am a vulnerable housing ass. tenant , and have unresolved damp issues going back over 3 years some attemts have been made to treat the appalling effects of the mould, but the cause is as yet unknown. I am living in awful conditions that affect my physical and mental health. Whats their obligations legally , and what rights to have this nightmare stopped have I ?
Have you complained to environmental health?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

What is the impact upon your health?
Has that been attributed to the damp?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

severe asthma and arthritis both exacerbated by mould and damp, insulin dependent diabetes made worse by stress mental health affected by seeing my possessions destroyed all attributed to the damp

It depends what you want you to achieve here.
You can always complain to Environmental Health. They will issue an improvement notice to resolve the damp.
You do have a claim in compensation. Your best claim is obviously for the damaged goods. You can also claim in personal injury although that will rack up the costs. You are not going to be able to claim for stress I'm afraid but if you are saying that you have a clear pre existing condition which has been worsened by this situation then that is the proper basis for a claim.
Their obligations are not really very helpful here. They should allow this disrepair to develop but clearly they are and so you need to go to court to resolve it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks I will go to Environmental health, and also claim for damaged goods

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.