75100385

I was in the republic democratic of Congo in 2001 than suffered

I was in the republic democratic of Congo in 2001 than suffered an assault crime by security forces with no reasons but for security reasons and time to collect evidence and recover from traumas caused by the incident, pains and treatment in the UK. What should I do to claim compensations?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You can't claim compensation in the UK.

Alex Watts :

The UK has no jurisdiction for this.

Alex Watts :

Additionally even if the UK were you would have 3 years time limit on any personal injury claim

Alex Watts :

This means any claim in the UK would be statue barred and time expired in 2004

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for and certainly not the one I want to give you but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/