75100385

Hi Can you please advise me with regards ***** ***** following...I

Can you please advise me with regards ***** ***** following...I met with a web designer who I asked to draw up a template for a site. At no point did he let me know that should I choose not to go with his design that there would be a charge. I have had a meeting with another designer who is much cheaper and who wouldn't have charge for the initial specs they provided. The first designer is looking for payment for the work he undertook of £720.00 or an offer. I have until the 15 th July to pay or he has said he will invite me to a meeting with a mediator prior to court proceedings. Is this right. Please could you advice me where I stand. Many thanks
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Did you ever sign a contract or agree terms please?

Customer: No, I asked how much the complete web site would cost and he gave an approx figure of initially £1k to £4k, after I met with him I asked again based on what I said I was looking for and he said approx £1500.00. Still at no stage did I think he would charge if I wasn't happy with his mock up, and as I have never been charged before I never thought there would be a fee without being told. Thank you
Alex Watts :

So he never said you would be charged anything?

Alex Watts :

If that is the case he can NOT levy a charge

Alex Watts :

You can only be charged if it was previously agreed

Alex Watts :

If he said he would charge for a mock up, that is fine

Alex Watts :

But he can't charge for something if it was not agreed

Alex Watts :

Customer: That is what I thought, which is why when he began using legal jargon about a mediator and court proceedings I was completely baffled as we have nothing in writing...many thanks
Alex Watts :

Happy to help

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question might I invite you to rate my answer

Alex Watts :

If the system wont let you please do say

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply