UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

The situation that will emerge is that I omitted to show a

The situation that will emerge is that I omitted to show a client a couple of properties in the same development I wasu nder huge stress and although I mentoned one of them briefly and omitted to mention the other one I had forgotten about it as so rushed? I am sumising those 2 clients could have a claim against me for not correctly marketing thier property and loosing a buyer? The worst part of this is the buyer bought an inferior property to the others not seen. I has ruined my life since it happened as iI eel so negligent and guilty - I could have shown the client a much better property and cant get over the guilt
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Unless you had guaranteed to your client that you would secure a buyer for their properties, and you failed to do so, you should not worry about facing a claim from the clients.
The property market currently is a seller's market and you could try and mitigate any potential losses by securing other buyers for your clients properties.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks but what about the client that bought the inferior property how can I say I am sorry i forgot about that fabulous property that would have suited you so much better and made you much happier?

You did not force the client to purchase the inferior property, that was the client's choice.
I am not sure that I share your worries, I do not think you are liable for failing to show someone a particular property.
Hope this helps