Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am a Landlord, at the beginning of the tenancy in 2011, I

I am a Landlord, at the beginning of the tenancy in 2011, I issued my tenant with a STA. Which has never been changed or updated. I recently gave my tenant a letter stating my intentions to terminate the tenancy agreement, giving her 2 months notice, this date being today 11th July 2014, that we wished her to vacate the property.
I originally accepted a deposit of £550.00, from the tenant. But did not place this in a TDP scheme, (which I now know I should have done). It looks as if my tenant is not going to move out any time soon. She will not even talk to me claiming ill health.. Can you advise me on how I can gain an eviction order on her?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
The first thing you need to do is to protect the deposit. If you do not it will put you in the wrong and your tenant will be able to wrong foot you in any claim for possession. Do it today. As the fixed term has ended you will need to use the DPS as I don’t think the other organisations will accept it.
Then you will need to proceed with your claim for possession.
As I am sure you aware,the ONLY way you can legally evict your tenant who will not move out voluntarily is via a court order for possession.
I hope this assists you and sets out the legal position.
Kind Regards
AL