75100385

We have a large fir tree. A canal with public footpath runs

We have a large fir tree. A canal with public footpath runs at the back of our garden. We have just noticed that roots from the tree are prominent at the side of the footpath. If someone trips on the footpath can they claim from us? If, so, would our insurance policy normally cover us? We now intend taking the tree down. We are going on holiday tomorrow.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you have insurance for your home and garden please? Do you have legal cover.
Customer: Yes
Alex Watts :

Ok - yes you are responsible if there is an injury

Alex Watts :

As for your insurance you need to check the details.

Alex Watts :

Normally it would cover you against any legal claims

Alex Watts :

But it is best to check

Alex Watts :

But if someone trips on the roots from your tree, even off your land, you are liable

Alex Watts :