UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

A client has responded to non-solicitation clause in my companys

A client has responded to non-solicitation clause in my company's standard consulting contract, with the usual disclaimer that they are not responsible if the employee responds to a 'non-targeted' general job advertisement. Is there any way of strengthening our clause, even in the 'non-targeted' circumstances, because clearly we have 'introduced' the client and the employee, which will make the employee more attractive to the client if s/he responds to one of their (allegedly) 'general' advertisements.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may specify that a fee is payable to you if the particular person is hired by the client pursuant to a "non targetted" advertisement.

This ensures that you are paid, which is your main concern at the end of the day. You may negotiate the fee payable with the client in such an event.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, that is a good idea. Have you seen any other protections used?

I used to work for an employment agency in the past. This was the most effective protection. You cannot really stop someone working.

All the best

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, thanks.

Welcome