12826847

I really wish the admissions team would understand that I wasnt

Customer Question

I really wish the admissions team would understand that I wasn't enrolled in a first year, I was enrolled in a foundation year. You say my offer is based on an A level offer, but other students who are taking access courses their offer is based on them completing one subject. I spoke to my academic advisor and told her about Bristol, if someone told me this was all required I would of been able to do something. I wasn't told once about this. Understand that taking 27 credits is 9 subjects. There is no other way to look at it. Those subjects could range from photography to theatre studies. You could look through all your emails and notices without a doubt that none of this was mentioned and in my offer it was late to register for any courses, because of that I might of potentially wasted £9000 plus wasting a year of my time plus another £9000 and next years of my time.

The mistreatment and presumption in my application is evident in my offer on UCAS requiring 10 subjects, plus two subjects I never once said I was taking. Those being Precalculus and Foundation of Economics. In the emails I did mention precalculus was being discontinued, which proves the information was not carefully assed. When I found out about Foundations of Economics, I petitioned to my school to allow me to take the course after the registering deadline, the petition was denied, but to then put it against me for registering for a course I had no information about. The worst thing possible was the presumption made on the course, I sent all the information I had and could find on the Richmond website, and sent the degree planner which was obvious that it was for the whole duration for the degree especially when it includes Intermediate micro and macroeconomics a course which is offered in Bristol in it's second year, I did not appreciate Natalie from admissions telling me it was my responsibility to tell you it was not for the whole year when that question was not asked to me. The lack of clarity and the simplicity of asking simple questions before my offer like ''What courses do you have the option of taking?'' ''How much is each subject worth?'' instead of asking myself what subjects I am taking with my mathematics course, and I answered Chinese Language, and History of Art and receive an offer on UCAS which doesn't have any bearing. There was a gap between my answer and your response. The total of the course was £9,000 plus £1000 for other expenses during my time at Richmond. No information was provided on what course I should take and only the completion of my maths content form and that's the course I should take. Not once was there a mention that I should take this course, I should take that. The maths course in Richmond is a course that I have really enjoyed, I have enjoyed learning about calculus before I started this course, and this course I did really well scoring 99% in most of my papers. I tried to look for an alternative course to Foundations of Economics, and found Warwick, the course at Warwick is identical to the course at Richmond which is worth 3 credits and most importantly identical to the course at Bristol called Principles of Economics which is worth 20 credits which is also the equivalent to Warwick's award of 7.5 ECTS, the course costs £1600. The course has four hours of teaching a day and the syllabus is below and has more content than Bristol and even Richmond. What information did you have about the foundations of economics when you gave me your offer and what did you base your information on, the course could of been given on a summer time where the duration would of been similar to Warwick? If there were more questions being asked and more clarity into exactly knowing what do from an early stage, I wouldn't be in this position, instead of saying I didn't make anything clear. It is hard to answer without hearing the questions. When I emailed the university about the mistake they made on my offer about the credit requirements I received three no answers from four emails and after reasonability was accepted from the department. I emailed three times and receive the same answer each time, after my forth email I received an apology. There is a small chance I might be able to take my final exam.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please try