How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11546
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My son was fined for criminal damage in 2009 in Scotland. He

Resolved Question:

My son was fined for criminal damage in 2009 in Scotland.
He is seeking a visa for one weeks visit to China.
Does he have to declare he has a criminal record in the section asking this ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Yes, he does as the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act doesn't apply in China.
However, given that it is a relatively minor offence from five years ago, it should not affect his ability to travel.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you