12826847

Mr ***** ***** 259 Dykes Hall Road Hillsborough SHEFFIELD S6

Customer Question

Mr ***** *****
259 Dykes Hall Road
Hillsborough
SHEFFIELD
S6 4EW
11/07/14
I was supplied with a false address by South Yorks Police to complain about Nottingham Polices actions, which then lead to my email being hacked by Nottingham Police. I have been through four years of hell including the appeals with the IPCC. This has wrecked my life, and has caused deterioration my health. I am currently on antidepressants.
The final report regarding Nottingham, has no mention of accessing the appropriate files/logs concerning the email of the 20/12/10. The email I complained about. These logs are the “Gold Standard” of proof, as they cannot be altered. However does mention the email of the 23/12/10. This is not the email I complained about, and is not present in my email inbox. I have no recollection of an email on that date. I accept, that as many emails simply vanished when the hacking took place, and the email of the 23/12/10 may be one of the vanishing emails. Among the people that supposedly were interviewed, there is no one who’s name I recognise. ( e.g. the South Yorks Police refer to an officer PC711 Stuart John Gibbons. The Nottingham investigation spoke to PC1367 Alec Gibbons South York Police. Who is this? They can’t both be right?) There are many other inaccuracies/errors. I have letters and printouts that are about 2” thick. I consider that the integrity of Police Officers is a fundamental requirement for the UK legal system to work. Hacking emails of innocent people, and altering evidence, is totally unacceptable.
So the question is “What do I need to do to get access to the logs of the email of 20/12/10?”
Rgds.
Bob Morris

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

is there any reason you think they would want to hack your emails?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My original complaint was ignored for several months. I sent emails to the officer who was supposed to be looking into my complaint. None of these where answered. I then received a sort blunt email. I complained again. It was then that this email and others where hacked.

Ok. So why would they want to do that?

Obviously they will be displeased that you complained but what connection does that have to your emails?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is a long story. I received a phone call from a Nottingham Police Officer, in which I was Accused of bombarding Joanne Maye with threatening, abusive, and improper letters. I denied this. I was told over the phone that i was being Cautioned anyway. I am in Sheffield, not Nottingham, It has since been admitted that I am in no way guilty of anything.

Was that a harassment warning?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

harassment was not mentioned until later. When it was claimed that this phone call was a friendly word of advice. It is now admitted there was no harassment. I had previously been called a liar by joanne maye. I had invited her and her partner to a pre release screening of a film I had produced. Joanne had been a previous girlfriend but that was when we where at Uni. and had finished in 1988. As such it is not a factor.

Ok. But were you told to stop contacting her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I was not told to stop contacting her. I was called a liar, the invite offered a chance to meet people who could show that this was not the case. I received no reply. Since I had asked for a reply so that I could sort out seating numbers. I wrote again asking why no reply?

But did the officer tell you to stop contacting her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, the Officer told me I was being Cautioned, for bombarding her with threatening, abusive, and improper letters.

Ok. That was a harassment warning.

Are you hoping to get access to an internal police email? On what basis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My email has been hacked. There is a hidden attachment that has not been explained with the email of the 20/12/10. until the logs related to this email are checked my claim of hacking has not been properly investigated. This is a serious matter. The cover up is in my mind the main thing. Police officers cannot be allowed to do these criminal acts!!

I'm really sorry but on these facts I can see no basis for any request for sight of an internal police email. The IPCC can check it but I'm not sure what the evidence is of hacking here?

If there is an allegation of harassment against you anyway and the form of that harassment is that you were sending emails then the officers were perfectly free to investigate your email account. That is not hacking. That is using their powers under PACE and RIPA to enforce the law and gather evidence.

I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not sent any emails to joanne maye. Just the two letters.

In that case, why would they be interested in your emails|?

Officers do misbehave sometimes but they don't usually go off at complete tangents for no reason at all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Because I complained about emails to the Notts Officer had been unanswered, and then with out any input from myself I was bluntly told nothing had happened. I believe Joanne Maye tried to set me up with a Police Caution, The Police had not done their job properly, and obtained some evidence (Letter I had written, or statement from Joanne.) So they where now in a position where they could not "Give her a slap on the wrist" for her actions. So bullying me into dropping this and covering up what had happened was their response.

Yes, but what has that got to do with your emails?

She will have made a report to the police about your conduct. The options open to them were harassment warning or make an arrest. They chose a harassment warning.

I'm afraid I cannot see any basis for a complaint and still less for any allegation of hacking.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The hacking of my emails was done to cover up their incompetent, and alter the rude email they had sent to me. By doing this my email boxes have been left in a total mess. They where in short getting rid of their mistakes with no regards to the truth.

I'm really sorry and I wish I could say something else but that is very unlikely.

There is just plain no point. They haven't been incompetent. They received a report. They gave you a harassment warning to bring it to an end. That is force policy. There is nothing improper in that.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So why hack my email? Maybe they did it just for the laugh. What would I need to get access to the logs?

If i could show that the hidden attachment was generating part of the email of the 20/12/10. Would that do?

If I got arrested for some minor issue could I insist in court that the reason for this, was my email being hacked, and so have the logs produced? What would I need?

I am very sorry but I think probably that they didn't hack your email.

I wish I could say something else but there is no point in doing so.

They might have accessed it under RIPA and, of course, it is possible they acted without lawful authority as that does happen sometimes but there was no investigation here at that time.

Even if there is a hidden attachment, how does that prove the police hacked your email?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The emails I am talking about are on the police network. This is a secure network. If they have not hacked it, why haven't they investigated to find out who has? This would involve of course viewing the logs concerned. Am I to take it that the Police are protected from any come back for criminal activies? What evidence do I need?

Probably because its too complicated and hacking is not taken very seriously in the UK.

I'm sorry but there is just plain no evidence that the police are responsible for this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hacking my email is a crime. Why hasn't this been investigated? To investigate they would need to look at the logs concerned. Can I get a court order to obtain these logs.

I'm sorry but there is just plain no evidence that the police are responsible for this and therefore no grounds for a court order.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought crime was taken seriously? No matter what the vehicle? Particularly when I am accusing police of altering evidence, and colluding at an inter force level to suppress the truth?

If I got a expert to view the content of the hidden attachment and he can show that this attachment is generating (In whole or in part) the email of the 20/12/10. Therefore this email was not being accessed from the correct location? Would that help?

No. Not at all. Some crimes are never prosecuted at all. Others are prosecuted with vigour beyond their public interest.

I wouldn't waste your money on an expert to look at the attachment. The police are not going to prosecute this.

You would be better off complaining to the information commissioner although I wouldnt' necessarily expect a good result with that either.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

who and what is the information commissioner? How can the commissioner be contacted?

Could I not use the new information gained by the attachment study,. To reopen the IPCC case?

http://ico.org.uk/

You can further a complaint to the IPCC but its not going to change the outcome I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been told that a case, some years ago, was an almost mirror of the situation that I find myself in occurred. Same false address, and emails hacked, same Police Station. This case came to court after Surrey Police raided the police station and took computers. How would he have got that result? What possible routes could he have taken to get this result? I am currently try to track down records of that case.

Probably because the raid was unlawful or policies were different then or just plain that the information you were given is wrong.