tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

We were on holiday in the US, on the way to the airport we

Customer Question

We were on holiday in the US, on the way to the airport we stopped for coffee and our car was burgled. Although locked and alarmed there were bags in the car and the boot, robbers took bags from both, including one out the boot which contained our passports. Anything that would fit through the side window.
As a result we missed our flight and had to get to British embassy to get emergency passports and travel home - my insurance company told me on Monday I was covered up to £600 pp for replacing them and travel home, now I'm home they are saying I'm not covered.
Their explanation today implies that it wouldn't have mattered if it was burgled from the hotel or car we would not be covered either for lost/stolen passports or our personal belongings. what is the point of travel insurance - Do we have any chance to get anything back?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question. My name is Tony and I can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

Hello.

tdlawyer :

Whether you're covered or not will be down to the exact wording in the policy document.

tdlawyer :

It sounds like they're not quite sure though, having given you conflicting versions, which isn't very acceptable to you.