12826847

My wife is being told that her accounts show a £6000 shortful

Customer Question

My wife is being told that her accounts show a £6000 shortful on the ATM. She has been told she will be sacked and further action taken if she doesn't pay the money back. She hasn't taken any money so could you advise what she should do?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

Do they actually have any evidence she took the money?

If the money was withdrawn from the ATM can this not be traced on the statements?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
AJ,

The problem is that she enters in a ledger the incoming income and monies put aside in a safe to go into the ATM. She then puts the money into the ATM and gets a printed record of this transaction. They are telling her that this records do not agree and the safe is £6000 short.

My wife tells me that she hasn't done anything other that record the amounts and put the money in the ATM.

She believes that there are only two people, one her, aware of the safe code.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

So there is no actual ledger showing money has been withdrawn after it was deposited by your wife?

They are saying it has gone missing between her counting it and depositing it?

AJ