75100385

Dear Sir I have another question relating to applying for

Dear Sir
I have another question relating to applying for employment support allowance. I am asked on the form; do I receive any other income ( eg. wages paid in advance, loans received, gifts of money etc.). I run a limited company and I understand that because the company is a separate legal entity then any money that the company receives would not be entered as income on the application form since it belongs to the company and not to me.
However, I received a sum of money from my mother recently as a gift. I put this into my company. It could be argued that because the money was given to me as a person then it would need to be declared as money received. On the other hand, because it was deposited into the company, then the company has received money and therefore it would not need to be declared on the application form.
I suffer with ill health and want to claim a health benefit but I want to be honest and accurate in my correspondence with the ESA. From a legal point of view I am obliged to declare this on the questionaire received?
Steve
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Nicola

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am able to wait. There is no hurry. I am going on holiday for a week tomorrow so any time in the next couple of weeks will be fine.

Thank you for your efforts.

Steve

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
If you are putting it into the Company then you need to declare it as is it then becomes capital. Otherwise if you kept it personally then no need to dealer.
If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.
Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Alex

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been on holiday. So to make sure I understand the situation, the money was a gift to myself. I then put this into my company. When answering the question on the ESA forms 'have you received any other money?' I would answer YES but if it was not put into the company then the answer would be NO. My situation is a bit complicated because I run a business which is a limited company so I need to distinguish between company income and personal income for the purpose of the ESA forms.

So, if understand correctly, since the money was put into my company, I need to declare it since it is capital.

Steve

Yes that is correct Steve.
As you own the shares.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience