12826847

My brother was arrested and is now a remand prisoner at wormwood

My brother was arrested and is now a remand prisoner at wormwood scrubs we don't know what to do next. He has asked us to contact a solicitor but don't know how this works for example do we his family have to pay for this. We live in Devon and feel helpless. Any advise would be appreciated. He is charged with a very serious offence and we are so worried. He is accused of smuggling a large amount off class a drugs from Columbia in bananas that his company imported. His police no is A97060DF can we speak to him.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He was arrested yesterday and taken to Brixton police station he is now been taken to wormwood scrubs how do we contact him how do we appoint legal representation will we need to pay a lawyer on his behalf. The charges are for importing 25million pounds of cocaine. He has pleaded not guilty. Please advise
Ok. Thanks.
So what is your question about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is he entitled to legal aid, can we expect him to be bailed on a charge like this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Has a bail application been made at court? Has he been to court please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't think so, how do we appoint him a lawyer who would pay the fees.
We have no information at all all we know he has been taken to wormwood scrubs and there's a hearing on 28th July. We don't know what we should or can do. Who should we connect for information on what's happening.
Sorry for the interruption above.
If he is on remand then he will have made at least one bail application unless he declined to do so.
You can make a fresh application before the Crown Court.
Sometimes defendants do not make an immediate bail application because it takes time to put together a bail package.
You are describing serious charges. That is not to say that he cannot get bail but you will need onerous conditions.
He will need to offer the surrender of his travel documents, a good address, electronically monitiored curfew.
If you can offer a security of a large sum of money to you then that will be helpful.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice