12826847

hello iv had an islamic nikaah done to my husband/partner

Customer Question

hello iv had an islamic nikaah done to my husband/partner this was done in the uk over 11 years ago Despite many requests he refused a civil marriage which would have given me legal rights Our marriage has now broken down We have 3 daughters youngest is 6 The house we currently live in was bought by my husband a week before we had the nikaah for the sole purpose of us living there as a couple I have paid all the bills and have had a few improvements done to the house such as double glazing and a new bath suite etc Previously after a legal dispute with his ex wife my husband had declared in a legal court that the house was bought with the intention of us living there as she was claiming a share She did not receive anything and my partner had acknowledged my contribution to the house I have a written statement signed by him to that respect Is this enough for me to be able to claim a share in the property? Our daughters will be living with me Can i ask for half of the property or any share at all?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets does he have?