75100385

Contract with Vodaphone - I took out one for a Tablet for my

Contract with Vodaphone - I took out one for a Tablet for my daughter who is paralysed. Wanted her to have access to the outside world plus she is unable to obtain credit. The Tablet was stolen by a drug addict in September 2013. Sadly, I'm still having to pay for the contract. The police were notified and I've written 3 letters to Vodaphone asking if they would stop the contract. They say no because it's a contract. CAB says it's up to the discretion of Vodaphone. Various people say, including the police who were dealing with the theft, I should not need to pay for this item as there is no way the machine (if found) can be used again under this contract. Is there any way I can stop paying for the Tablet, please?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Have you not had the SIM blocked please?

Alex Watts :

Is there usage you are paying for or is it just the monthly contract you want to get out of?

Customer:

The sentence from Vodafone is as follows: I understand that device has been lost however Vodafone does not hold any responsibility if your device been lost or stolen. As explained earlier we can place the bar on the account to avoid unwanted usage and you would need to pay for the contract until your contract gets over...

Customer:

I wish to stop the whole contract which doesn't expire until next year

Customer:

ETF (early termination fee) was £351.40 in May 2014. This amount is the line rental until the contract end date and is calculated at a pro rata basis

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

Because you signed a contract for a fixed period you are obliged to remain and pay Vodafone and the CAB are right that it is at their discretion.

Alex Watts :

Had you insured the tablet they would have issued you with a replacement SIM and you would have continued

Customer:

My daughter never insured the item and I didn't because it wasn't in my home. Thank you for your sound advice. I will now just pay it and get on with my life. Appreciate your words

Alex Watts :

I am sorry as I know this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

If not though I would suggest complaining to head office

Alex Watts :

Customer Relations Manager
Vodafone Limited
The Connection
Newbury
Berkshire
RG14 2FN

Alex Watts :

And if it is not resolve there you could go to the Ombudsman

Alex Watts :

But you need to know it is against you

Alex Watts :

Customer:

I don't want to write anymore letters to Vodafone as they are quite haughty and don't actually read what I type! They accused me of not paying monthly amount which clearly, if they looked at my online statement, I have been paying since January when my daughter defaulted the payment. I am happy that I know there is no outcome to my advantage. Thank you once again. Enjoy the rest of your day - time is precious!

Alex Watts :

Thank you and I hope you enjoy what is left of the weekend

Alex Watts :

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience