How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi Ive had many challenges over the past 4 years with my teenager

Customer Question

Hi I've had many challenges over the past 4 years with my teenager child who is now 16. They have attacked me and terrorised my other child, damaged our home on numerous occasions and the police have arrested my teenage child several times. I have now discovered they are taking drugs and have begun threatening me with violence once again if I don't had over my bank card. They left home yesterday to stay with a friend as my teenage child is 16 but I'm scared for them to come home. What can I do as I have parental responsibility? I'm based in England.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** *****
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you wish to have the child home?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ideally yes I'd like to have them at home but I've exhausted all avenues.
I can't put my other child at risk.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How old is the younger child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

14 years and has special needs

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
is your older child still out of the house

Related Law Questions