75100385

I am an accountant working in a small practice generating some

Customer Question

I am an accountant working in a small practice generating some 80% of the business and of course creating significant income for the firm. some 20 years ago I was duped into an investment scheme and in a nutshell after a 3 month trial I was convicted of conspiracy to defraud. A client whom we now represent in a bankruptcy case is informing all and sundry of my past in an attempt to dilute his own problems - do I have any rights against this person for the malice he is generating and have I the right to take an injunction against him?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Is what he is saying true please?
Customer:

I was convicted, that is true, I appealed but was too late apparently. The client/"friend" knew about my past when he asked me to help him but clearly he has some serious financial issues to address by the IP I introduced him to. We have helped thus far but he is "unstable" but more the point is that he is informing all and sundry about my past and threatening to ruin me and surely this cannot be acceptable!

Alex Watts : But is what he saying true or untrue please ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it possible to have a telephone conversation or better still a consultation which I more than happy to pay for so this matter can be discussed as it is quite complicated.

Sadly site rules prevent me from calling you at the moment on .co.uk

There are plans to bring this online but not just yet - I am sorry. But I can still help. I just need to know whether or not what was saying is true?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The part about my previous conviction is of course true, its on record (notwithstanding that I always maintained my innocence even risking my parole release), however the other insinuations this person is making are totally false. We tried to help this individual but he seems to be using my "history" to cloud the issues and after so many years clawing back "up the ladder" successfully he is attempting to damage the credibility of the firm.

Is he saying anything untrue please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, several things.

Ok, was the majority true?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Apart from bringing up my previous conviction which is factual and therefore "true" everything else he is saying is a lie and malicious.

You can seek an injunction but ONLY on the things that are not true.

You can't stop this person bringing up you have a conviction - its public knowledge in any event, so you can't stop that.

If you want to apply for an injunction you need to complete forms N1

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

And N16a

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf