UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I booked two nights accommodation on the Isle of Wight. The

I booked two nights accommodation on the Isle of Wight. The advertisement on the internet seriously misrepresented the actual accommodation which was a run down terraced house. The housekeeper told me the previous tenants had not left, the shower was blocked, the room was filthy and there was no bedding. Consequently I called the owner who refunded my money. I had to return to London as no other accommodation was available at the time.
I had booked through Trip Advisor on the internet and they asked for feedback. I gave a truthful account of the circumstances which they published. The owner threatened to sue me and is demanding my address and asking which court I would like to appear in. He cannot have a case as I am the victim and have only given a totally truthful account of circumstances. What should I do to stop him harassing me?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
As you rightly say, truth is a defence to any claim for defamation, so he would not have a case against you even if he took the matter to court.
You may ignore his contacts and you may report him to the police for harassment if he makes more than 2 contacts with you.
May I help further?