Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

MY NAME T P House. My wife and I have made 2 Discretionary

Customer Question

MY NAME T P House. My wife and I have made 2 Discretionary trust Wills, our 2 sons being the Trustees. If one of us dies (lets say myself), my wife will still live in our house, eventually all will go to our 2 sons. Does this in any way change the Council Tax, or who pays what?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

As regards ***** ***** this is payable by the occupier of a property, so there won't be any change withthis, in that your Wife would remain liable. Your Wills should also specify who should be responsible fo rthe repair/upkeep of the property if such a situation arises (normally, the occupier would be responsible for these items).

I hope this assists you, but please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Kind Regards

AL

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Al,

With a Discretionary Trust Will, would my son (My executor) have to inform anyone, or will he just treat the will in the normal way and my half of the property be automatically in trust with him as my executor?

Your Son, as Executor, is not under a duty to inform anyone concerning the house if anything happens to you or your Wife.

Kind Regards

AL