12826847

When County Court paperwork has been served, Judgement has

Customer Question

When County Court paperwork has been served, Judgement has been brought. Does the Claimant still maintain the right, to hassle and to threat the person upon whom Judgement has been served?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

I presume you mean that a claim is being contested at court? If so, then there is no CCJ at this stage and he cannot send bailiffs to your address.

However, I'm afraid there is no reason that he cannot pester you for the money in the meantime. What he cannot do is send bailiffs to remove your goods.

There is no reason he cannot attend your doorstep or raise his voice so that the neighbours could hear unless, of course, he may an unlawful threat amounting to common assault.

Unless he did more than attend and demand the return of monies that are disputed the police would not be interested. If he made threats of violence then that is a different possibly.

I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello again, NO the Summons has not been contested. A date of repayment has been made to the County Court and accepted. Therefore it was my belief, and still is until you tell me otherwise, that until payment is made on the said date, this remains with the County Court and not the Claimant.

Yes, that is right but that doesn't mean he cannot demand the money.

It just means that he cannot send bailiffs around to seize your goods until that day and he cannot do that himself anyway.

The fact that judgment has been made for payment within 28 days does not mean he cannot demand the money. It just means he cannot exact it until that time.